An update on Olivia, The surgery started at 7:00 am, so it was an early day they wanted us there for 6:00 am. She went through the first stage and the Dr. came in around 11:00 am and described what he had done and that the reconstruction by Dr. Losee had started. The surgery was complete at around 1:30 pm. It was successful, with only one small transfusion. She was then transferred to intensive care. I was so relieved to see her even though she had a giant bandage on her head. The bandage had Teddy Bear ears on it which was kind of cute. As of 7:00 pm she had a fever of 101 and was very mad. She pulled a couple of tubes out which I had expected to happen. They gave her Tylenol and antibiotics for the fever. We are so thankful for all the prayers and support. I just can't wait to see her home and well.
Thanks
Matt and Grace
Matt,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear the surgery went well! I'm sure it's been emotional and exhausting for your whole family. Won't be long now until little Olivia is back home with you. Until then, please don't hesitate to let us know of any thing you might need!!
~B
Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well! Hopefully we'll have you all back soon!
ReplyDelete~G (since that's how we apparently sign our names now, haha)
Thanks for the prayers and support, you dont know how much it means. An update as of 10:00 pm she is having a hard time breathing so the put her in an oxygen tent. Her eyes are swollen shut so she cant see, which also is agravating to her. She gets upset and her heart rate raises, so now they have to medicate her to keep her calm. Grace got a couple of minutes of sleep since I left at 4:30 pm so she is tired but doing amazingly well considering. I hope praise time goes well tomorrow I will be thinking of you guys.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Matt
Matt--do you need some meals? How many more days will Olivia be in the hospital?
ReplyDeleteGreg, you can sign your name Zortok, the King of Neptune, if it gets you to leave comments. :)
~BECKY
Becky we are alright with meals but thanks so much. I havent gone down yet today but I just talked to Grace. They removed Olivias bandage and she said it was a little worse than she expected. The I.V. in her leg was not in a vessel and the medicine was flowing directly into her leg. They still have her in an oxygen tent to calm her breathing and she decided to stop eating so they are going to try one her bottles from home to see if she is more comfy with that. The Dr.s said today and tomorrow will be the worst days, and the original time frame was a week but with all of this stuff I really dont know. Well we are heading down soon. I will up date tonight.
ReplyDeleteThanks and love
Matt
What a difference a day makes, got to the hospital and Olivia was sleeping. We went to get something to eat and spend some time as a family. We were gone for an hour or so. Grace went back to see Olivia, her mom was back there, Olivia woke up and was sitting up. Grace took her and when I got back there she was taking a bottle. She saw me out of the one eye that opens and reached for me we sat there while she played with my watch on my wrist. I Fed her about a quarter of a jar of bananas. Her fever went down and no need for oxygen. They took out a couple of lines. It was so wonderful to see her act more normal. By the time we left she was moved to a normal room on the tenth floor 56a. She has a normal crib and a cot for grace. The only thing is she sort of looks like Rocky after a fight with Apollo Creed. She may be home sooner than I thought. I know that its due to all of the prayers everyone has said for her.... I thank all of you for that. It is wonderful knowing we have such a great church family. I Will update later.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Matt
Matt, this is great news! Praise God.
ReplyDelete~Zortok, the King of Neptune
Matt, as a parent, my heart goes out to you guys...I'm so very glad that Olivia's had a better day, and is on her way to being back home. God is faithful! Keep us in the loop, and we'll keep praying!
ReplyDelete(Zortok, guess I asked for that one)
~B
Glad to hear things are going well! We missed having you all in church today! Take care and I pray that Olivia will continue to recover well. P.S. I didn't sign as Zortok.
ReplyDelete~Zortok
Ok, new rule: only one nonsensical alias per customer, please. You guys have me all confused!
ReplyDelete~Xena, Warrior Princess
GUESS WHO
ReplyDeleteCONAN THE BARBARIAN
If Olivia starts to take a bottle and eat normally she can come home. Right now she wants nothing to do with food. Please pray for this all of our prayers have worked so far and I know it will again.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Matt
Hmmmmm, Conan--the post was at 2:06pm, not am, so that rules Greg out. And Tom is barfing and not on his computer much at the moment. Makes me think Ken or Matt....
ReplyDeleteMatt, I'm praying for you guys!
~X
This is kind of like our own version of Carmen Sandiego...
ReplyDeleteGod is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGrace and Olivia are home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only one problem left please pray for peace in our family..
Thanks,
Matt